Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters, this is my first ramadan as a revert and I've gone to a couple of İftars. So far, I find myself just sitting in silence.

Everyone seems to have their own clique groups already, and I'll smile at some people hoping for them to smile back so I can introduce myself, but I just feel everyone ignores me, outside of asking if I want some milk, no one has tried to start a conversation with me. I know communication is a 2 way street, but when I don't even get smiles returned it really makes me feel disheartened and makes it all the more difficult to step out of my comfort zone.

I was hoping anyone who has moved and found themselves at a new mosque, or a revert who has been in a similar position can give me some advice on how you managed to integrate yourself into the mosque.

Thank you

submitted by /u/AbsoIution
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/e5rKY4i
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours