Assalamu alaikum brothers and sisters. I am lucky enough to be able to write about Islam during my degree, alhamdullilah, and I am currently writing an essay on how the Qur'an has been interpreted in different contexts and times.

Specifically, I have discussed the Abbasid Caliphate, and how the rights given to women by Allah were not properly given to them (female slaves, pretty much unlimited harems etc) and I need a contrast. Essentially, I now want to talk about a caliphate which followed the Qur'an in the way the prophet pbuh commanded us to, and which women were given all of their rights.

Do any historians know whether I should research the Ottoman, Umayyad, or Rashidun caliphates? And which one you would deem was best for women?

Thank you in advance :)

submitted by /u/AbsoIution
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/ZS7hYqT
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours