So basically these past few months I've been trying to strengthen my Iman. But I've been playing piano for years now. For awhile I was struggling to decide whether I was going to stop or not. Even though it was really hard because I really love the piano and I've been playing it for years now, I decided to stop. I gathered the courage to tell my mom but she refused. She said that music is okay as long as there are no curse words. But this contradicts the Hadith. And then she always finshes by saying "What happened to you? You became a scholar? You think you know more about Islam than me? You're just a child, go study." Then she stars laughing at me. I tried being respectful but she just brushes me off. My father just doesn't care. What do I do? I also noticed that my family is becoming less religious. My mom wanted me to wear something Haram. When I tried covering my hair with a beanie because my country banned hijabs my sister started screaming at me saying I look stupid. I can't pray on time because my school doesn't allow "cult" activities, so when I get home I have to pray dhur, asr and maghrib together. I have no Muslim friends. There are a few muslim people at my school but none of them pray and they eat pork and date. I had to quit painting people even though that was the thing I like the most. I've never been to a mosque before and when I asked my mom she said she was tired. I love my family but sometimes I feel like they're too much. There's nothing in my life that encourage the practice of Islam except the internet.

submitted by /u/nyannyanp
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/i8XyMIH
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours