TLDR: how can I be a part of Ramadan with my husband even though I am not Muslim?

I do not feel comfortable putting ages, but I (F) have been dating my husband (M) for a few years and am newly married so this is the first Ramadan I will be with him. Although I am not Muslim, I want to do some things to show my acceptance and willingness to be a part of and support the part religion plays in his life. I only have a few ideas but I’m looking for more.

Here’s what I have:

Wake up at dawn to share breakfast with him instead of just staying asleep. I’ve heard that eating together becomes a big thing during this time especially.

Cook his favorite Egyptian foods, have them ready for dinner, and eat with him.

For Christmas, I got him these awesome Ramadan-themed cookie cutters in the shape of things like a moon, a mosque, a camel, lantern, etc (which he loved.) Although he prob won’t eat many cookies, they will make great butter molds, and he loves butter lol.

What are some other ideas? Is there something I could do on fridays? Or during the day? Thank you all!

submitted by /u/themagicflutist
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/WPeUIkO
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours