Assalamu Alaykum, I just want some advice on my situation. I have been married for a year and a half and I can say this definitely is a happy marriage alhamdullilah. We both love each other deeply and support each other. We don’t fight much but these days the fights have had us not talking for days. This most recent fight was because I would not go downstairs and pump gas in her car (she was already outside at the time driving home, she just refuses to pump gas herself in any situation). So she goes on a outburst and starts name calling me. I keep calm when we go in arguments cause I know retaliating just makes things worse. I asked her when she came home to sit and talk about it, she name calls me and leaves to her room. I asked her again to please come take a seat in a soft voice and no response. I know the rights of husband and wife in a marriage and one of the husband’s rights is for his wife to be obedient towards him if it is in a non haram context. I feel like my wife is very westernized in her anger and does not respect me the way she should. Not only that, but the way she handles her anger is not normal. She’ll go on days without speaking to me and crazy enough, in all our fights, I was always the first in each single fight to reach out to reconcile. I have recommended some sort of marriage counselling but she refuses that notion. I have no way in telling her what she is doing is wrong but in her mind she makes me the villain. A common theme she would do is cry for days and call me out for not being there for her and make me feel guilty, but if I don’t stand my ground that means I’d be allowing my wife to just continue to be disobedient towards me. We have not talked for 3 days. I texted her yesterday to come take a seat and to discuss, she says no. I texted her again today same thing, she says no. I just have no clue what to do, is there any advice?

TL,DR: Me and wife got into argument, she is disobedient and does not listen and ignores me and gets mad for days.

submitted by /u/indacute
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/4lsa1TD
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours