Asalamu Alaykum,

Basically the title. I’m super irritated, I recently got in an argument with some muslims in my class because they keep making bomb jokes and terrorist jokes and dropping their bags dramatically in the halls. This has caused an uproar in islamophobia based bullying in my highschool and I talked to these students countless times about it and they are saying that they are “reclaiming the stereotype” but it literally making our situation worse. I told them that it is fard to represent Islam in a good way and separate ourselves from bad groups that give our religion a bad name but in all honesty I said that just to shut them up I don’t know if it’s really true but I assume so. I noticed this has become some sort of epidemic among young muslims to joke about this on social media also and it is just not funny at all. Do they not realize that so many people died or were wrongfully imprisoned/tortured because of Islamophobia?? Any advice on how to handle this..

submitted by /u/toobrokeforuni101
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/EaDyHfh
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours