Assalamu Alaykum everyone. I hope you're all doing well. I just wanted to share something that happened with me recently. So I went on a fashion subreddit and posted some pictures of modest outfits. As expected, I got a comment saying that hijab is a symbol of oppression. I then got into a discussion with a woman who asked me this question: Do you agree that in Islam women are considered inferior to men? I answered with no, absolutely not. And then went on to provide proof. So I told her that in Islam the greatest ultimate achievement is to go to heaven and eventually meet God. I then said, if I were God and I hated women I wouldn't reward their good deeds the same way as men and thus granting them a spot in heaven. And I mentioned this verse from the Quran:" Whoever does righteousness, whether male or female, while he is a believer - We will surely cause him to live a good life, and We will surely give them their reward [in the Hereafter] according to the best of what they used to do". I thought it was a good first argument. But the woman just ignored my argument and mentioned again as expect the rules of testimony and inheritance. Before I was even able to type an answer to that, she said that she's done talking with me and blocked me. She didn't even respond to the argument I made. She just seemed unable to come up with a proper reply so she just blocked me and avoided the discussion. What do you guys think about this? Was my first argument any good? What else should I have said?

submitted by /u/minachan158
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3tHLaUf
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours