Hello,

I am new to reddit so please forgive me if this is not the right place to post.

I became a muslim about 8 years ago and I think I am ready to leave islam. In these years that I have been muslim, I have never felt as lonely as I feel today. When I was interested in islam and i used to go to the mosque, everyone is your friend. But once I converted, people suddenly disappeared and I was alone on a new faith that I didn't know how to practice.

For a while I kind of find my way around. Youtube became my only muslim friend. It thought me how to pray, about the prophet, etc... While going to the mosque i found some really good people but there was one problem. I was not arab/pakistani/bengali so no matter how great some people were. in the end I would be isolated because "you don't speak our language" , "you won't like the same things". I don't understand how am i supposed to belong somewhere where I don't seem to be wanted. I don't spend time with my old friends because their actions don't match islam. And I can't spend time with muslims because I am not part of their culture or speak their language.

When i try to bring this issue the only response i get is "brother you should get together with reverts" like if i was some sort of animal species that can only be with muslim reverts. The other answer i get is: "you don't need a community to be muslim" I get to some extent why someone would say this, but have you ever spent ramadan, EID alone? do you think that going to prayers or friday prayers in the mosque and being ignored is rewarding to someone's faith?

Muslims complain a lot about white people and that there is discrimination everywhere. A white person joins islam and they do the exact same thing to newcomers. They are great people in the islamic community, but I wished this was shared with everyone else and not just with their own country people.

I know this post sounds like a complaint. But I wish some people can see there is a problem here . I am already on my way out of islam, but I hope it makes a difference for other reverts and they don't have to go through the same I went through. The religion of Islam is a good concept, but I don't think its well implemented by muslims. I had so many things to write but I think this is what mattered the most to me.

submitted by /u/fxal8855
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3eSafmY
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours