As-salamu alaykum. I’m a recent revert of around 4 months, coming from an irreligious, broken household. Mother and father separated when I was young. You know, the norm in the west.

I’ve managed to make a good living for myself selling instrumentals online. All I do is make the instrumental, post it online, onto my website, and I make sales this way with the traffic I get from platforms such as YouTube.

Ever since I reverted, I have found I don’t listen to a lot of music anymore. My iman has allowed me to detach from it. But I’m at a point where producing instrumentals is my main driver of income, and I recently moved out from that broken household I was talking about, into my own apartment.

So here’s the thing; I would prefer to leave it all behind for the sake of Allah swt, but I think this could take time. I don’t want to let myself go broke, and I’d rather pursue other business opportunities before I abandon my only real source of income altogether.

Should I continue to make ends meet, keeping close to the Deen in all aspects that I can, whilst looking and praying for an out? Or is what I do not an issue? Am I making a bigger deal out of it than what it is.

I often compare what I do to someone who sells knives for a living. Is that individual to be condemned for selling an item to someone who didn’t use it for the purpose it was sold for?

Thanks brothers and sisters.

submitted by /u/prodgawdsent
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3ts0iVQ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours