Asalaamu Aleikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakatoh ikhwan! I reverted to Islam about ten years ago, living in the West, without any real physical ties to the Ummah. Well, despite my dreams of living amongst the Muslims I am still here, surrounded by the decorations and traditions of another people on their biggest holiday.

Last year I made a post like this and really enjoyed seeing how all of us spend our day around this time. While others celebrate we are working for our coworkers so they may have the day off, or perhaps you’re enjoying a day off as well? Maybe you have plans with your family, or you’re on the couch staring at the back of your eyelids all day. There’s no wrong answers!

Allow me to begin! I’m still languishing in bed, but I suppose soon I’ll make myself a bit of food, hang out with my cats and then later do some studying for an exam I have coming up. Fun stuff I know, that’s why I love to hear what the rest of the Ummah does today?

Although I have no contact directly with the Ummah, I really appreciate having this platform to connect with each other. For those of us out in the sticks, the connections made here mean a great deal.

Enjoy your yawm as-Sabt ikhwan, in Shaa Allah one day we will share a meal under the shade of the trees of Jannah!

submitted by /u/Poorly-Fitted
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3FsnXsg
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours