Salam everyone. Current Muslim high school senior here. I would like to follow the premed track in college and eventually apply to medical school, but the sin of riba is holding me back. My family can't afford to contribute to my educational expenses, and medical school in the U.S. costs around $200k-400k. Therefore, my only option is to take student loans, though I'm not sure if this counts as a necessity. I know that financial aid and scholarships are out there (I'm using them to pay for college loan-free allhamdulilah), but they are very rare compared to opportunities for undergrad. My question is, due to riba, am I not allowed to become a doctor because my family isn't financially well off? I find this hard to believe, considering that Islam is a religion of justice.

submitted by /u/AnonymousA2C
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3pG7xHf
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours