Just wanted to share this gem in the comment section:
"I looked at the people
With a critical eye
And found fault in everyone
I looked at myself
With a critical eye
And found goodness in everyone
I gazed longingly
At blessings the people possessed
And became unhappy
I began to gaze at the blessings I possessed
And became forever grateful
I waited for people to greet me
And became haughty
I greeted the people first
And became humble
I expected people to forgive me
And became arrogant
I began to forgive people
And became compassionate
I thought others blameworthy
And my ego inflated
I believed myself blameworthy
And my conscious responded
I watched those who strived for the world
And became complacent
I watched those who sacrificed for deen
And became productive
I looked towards the worldly folk to emulate
And lost myself
I looked towards the Godfearing people
And found myself
I looked for a middle road in life
And found it in Islam
I searched for the ideal Human being
And found my beloved Rasoollullah ﷺ
I searched everywhere for Peace
And found it
In the Remembrance of Allah"

submitted by /u/indasanang
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3jdlpoO
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours