Asalamualaikum, I hope you all are doing well.

I'm running out of options and need some help. In short, I'm looking for a licensed Muslim therapist to help me deal with my obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), anxiety and depression. I'm looking for someone based in the United States, where I live, because having cultural competency is important.

At this point, I would really like to find someone, even out of my own state, that I can speak with on a regular basis, remotely (via video conference).

Background

I'm a brother in my 20's, living in the United States. Over the past year during the pandemic, I've had a number of difficulties. They include physical illnesses, spiritual issues, marital issues among other things. I am no longer able to cope well and I need professional help. I occasionally engage in acts that may be considered self harm and I think about not living anymore, but have never acted on these thoughts. Each day is a struggle to find a will to keep going.

What have I tried?

Dua

Yes, I make constant Dua for Allah's help and healing. However, Allah does not change the condition of people unless they are willing to change themselves as well. This is where I am right now. I want to change my condition and I am seeking help to do so.

Worship

I do all my obligatory worship including 5x daily prayers, attending Jummah, charity, etc. I also try to keep a habit of reciting Quran daily and memorizing some ayat.

Contacting local Therapists

I've tried contacting therapists in my state but they don't respond to my queries or are not taking any new clients. I have also sent an application to the Khalil Center but they have not responded.

Self Care

I am physically active. I often run 3 to 5 miles after Fajr in the morning. I keep a journal to vent my frustrations in writing. I've tried mindfulness meditation and breathing exercises.

Thanks for Reading

I understand what I'm asking is very hard to find. Even if you don't know anyone, I appreciate a Dua from you regardless if you can spare one for me. May Allah keep you all safe and healthy, and grant us all Jannah without any judgement. Ameen.

submitted by /u/PompeiWasAnInsideJob
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3mtD3FO
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours