Hi there, I'm a Christian who's recently been reading into Islam (well for the last year or so). I saw a thread here a few weeks ago where a muslim girl talked about practicing certain Christian practices whilst still being muslim and I wanted to ask a slightly different question based off what she asked.

Would it be possible for one to be Muslim and believe that Jesus is the son of God without believing that Jesus is God?

My reasoning for this question? In the Christian Bible (as far as I know, I may be wrong) but Jesus never says he is God and I am pretty sure he says we shouldn't worship him. With that being said, when he gets baptised by John the Baptist, God says, "This is my son of whom I am proud of" + the context of Jesus' miraculous birth which is why I believe him to be the son of God but not actually God.

Would this still clash with Islam? Could one potentially follow the faith whilst still believing this or would it be classed as shirk?

Thanks for reading

submitted by /u/ConsequenceTraining3
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3DN8pOx
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours