Thanks you for taking the time to click on this post.

I was brought up as a Christian, and something always felt a bit wrong about having faith in Jesus himself, since it felt like idolatry.

I struggle with many things; I struggle with same-sex attraction, drug addiction, and at times, a lack of faith altogether. My faith in God does not waver, but when seeing the ways in which people have perverted the meaning of Jihad, my faith in Islam does.

However, I have had enough experiences in my life that have guided me towards Islam, so much so that I cannot deny the divine inspiration of the Quran nor the six articles of faith. Nonetheless, the world we live in is often evil, and I find myself sinning at times even when I have already recognized that these behaviors are sins. How does one cope with this? I no longer engage in homosexuality, but I still occasionally use drugs when my thoughts have pushed me to the brink of desperation. Any advice would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/archaicdrunkard
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2ZG6PPK
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours