Assalamu alaykum

I apologize for the confusing title, but I’ll use a concrete example so it’s clear.

It’s jummah and I usually make ghusl, but today I was tired and I decided I would just make wudu. However, before salah, my friend invited me out for lunch, and suddenly I had the energy to take a shower. While in the shower, I regretted that my intention for the shower was social and not for Allah, when Allah is more worthy of my time/energy. So, I made the intention for ghusl al jummah. I’m not trying to deceive Allah; He fully knows my original intention was for social reasons and not for His sake. He knows that I decided I wouldn’t do the sunnah until I had a social reason for it, so my intentions were not for His sake.

I know that tawbah can “convert” misdeeds into good ones, but can regret over bad intentions also make your deed a good one?

submitted by /u/ferdous12345
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/314UCEY
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours