I haven't studied the Quran enough to truly know if the condemnation upon lgbtqia+ people and upon people with body mods is truly embedded in the roots of Islam and therefore I can't be accepted or if people like me can be converted and live happy lives without great prejudice finding their spirituality in Islam without giving up their identity.

I was born and raised to a christian family but never was able to fully connect with the religion. I've been reading about Islam recently and discovering that it's truly about equality, justice and peace, and I've been really feeling that I might find my spirituality in Islam. But I'm a happily bisexual, tattooed and pierced man and I imagine that I wouldn't be accepted or that I could suffer prejudice within muslim communities. I don't wear extravagant clothes and I conduct a very simple lifestyle, but I still don't know if I can be converted and find myself in Islam. Thanks my folks!

submitted by /u/cpvrn
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3EqHdp8
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours