I understand it isn’t something to take lightly, and without maturity it can be more harmful than it is beneficial. But the biggest test to my imaan right now is the fact marriage is basically an impossibility for me because of the culture here in the UK. It isn’t made easy how the deen preaches it should be and parents have huge expectations.

For some context I’m 22 and mid way though my medical degree, and it’s so disheartening to know that the odds of being accepted without a stable income, house and car are just slim which leaves many years more of waiting. I’ve avoided haram for as long as I can remember, and numerous opportunities to satisfy this crave for companionship presented but I turned them down, and having tried to get married a handful of times I’m mentally and spiritually exhausted.

Alhamdulilah I’m a grounded man, I adhere to the principles of my deen, I work out regularly, and always strive to improve myself. I’m also blessed with being above average in height and decent in looks - yet the prospect of being married still seems like an impossibility.

I love the idea of being able to grow with someone, and build eachother up. I feel having someone there would do my life wonders, I would have a much greater drive and I know I’d have the same positive impact. Knowing it’s likely I won’t have this if I pursue the halal root is very disheartening

How are my fellow single brothers coping? For the married brothers, How many times did you have to try before it worked out?

submitted by /u/Chancellortren
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3hFsYUs
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours