Salam everyone.

My main aim of this post is to ask for some advice where possible, and any kind words will be appreciated, I thank you all in advance.

As someone in their late teens living with their parents, I feel that is important to have a good relationship with them and be able to have open discussions about things like myself being a recent revert to Islam. For some background context, my father is Agnostic and my mother Catholic, both being from the West and viewing Islam in a somewhat bad light sadly.

I am quite hesitant to tell them blatantly, and want to ease my parents into the idea that I am Muslim without them disowning me for this or it affecting the way they see me. On the other hand, if I go ahead and tell them when I am living independently, I can more than guarantee that they will think, to put it lightly, that I have been influenced by others into this decision.

I love them with all my heart and want the best relationship with them possible, but want to put Allah first and would like to follow his commands for us more closely.

Any advice on where to go from here would be great ! Thank you all <3

submitted by /u/PinguPenguin6
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3kQLE5z
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours