Hi brother and sisters. Let me start by saying I feel called to Islam on a spiritual level. I have a family history of the faith but I have never practiced. I’ve actually always been interested in spiritual life but practiced Nichiren Buddhism ( also a familial connection just as pertinent, I am a quarter Japanese), and new age stuff. Anyways, I think Islam is right for me in so many ways and I feel terrible for not understanding the gift I was born with sooner. However I know I am gay and have been openly gay with partners for many years. It’s going to be easy for me to give up alcohol and pork but I feel I am gay and that is that. Can I never practice my chosen religion? Also, I live in NYC, my aunt told me find a progressive mosque but…do we have those? Is there a way I can become truly Muslim?

submitted by /u/mrworld17
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3hyz5Kg
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours