Assalaamu Alaykum!

I have been watching Islamic content for days now. I accidentally clicked on a video about Islam and found myself intrigued by the religion. The only sources I have on Islam was the September 11th Attacks and The ChristChurch Shooting. I was hesitant at first to accept Islam because of the media but, I have looked at the various videos and found out a LOT about Islam and one thing that stood out to me was that your Prophet or was it the Quran? said that taking Islam to extremes makes you not of his "ummah"? And never in my life have I heard of this from a religion, ever. It's like they knew and predicted religious extremists.

I'm fascinated with technical aspects of everything and whenever I have a question about Islam, there is a video about it or a story about it or something that explains what I ask. I've never heard of this before, ever. And I have asked a Muslim about a verse and he told me, well asked me "What do YOU think it means?" instead of rambling off about what he thinks it means. But, from what I have read in the Quran, is that it is quite clear and understandable. Kind of seems like scolding but that may be because I am misinterpreting it wrong and need to read it more and again and again. Not like scolding as in admonishing but like a mother telling her child not to touch the kettle while it's hot.

So, I have heard of this forum and relatively new to reddit and decided to get an account to express my desires to accept Islam and be part of an Ummah? Is that what it's called an Ummah? I'll have to research more and see what the Quran says and the wiki as I have read a good bit of it. So, I'll do that thing where you say :There is no god but Allah and Prophet Muhammad is His Messanger:

Peace Ummah of Muhammad!

submitted by /u/UnderstandingOld889
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3oe1ZU3
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours