I'm trying to gain clarification and a better understanding, my intention isn't to be rude or judgmental; I apologize if I offend anyone.

My understanding is divorce is permitted because Allah wants both partners within a relationship to experience all the wonderful things that marriage was created for, but if one or both partners isn't happy, then it's okay to pursue divorce so they can experience that with another partner. However, my observation is the social (not religious) aspect of Muslim culture views divorce as one of the most evil and shameful things someone can do, and pushes the idea that a couple should stay together despite one or both partners being unhappy. Some things just aren't fixable, such as incompatibility. I know in other religions, families will sometimes distance themselves from the person who goes against what is viewed as acceptable, is that something that is seen within Islam and in regard to divorce?

I'm also trying to better understand how inter-faith relationships are viewed (i.e. a Muslim man and a non-Muslim woman) by more traditional Muslims. The impression I got was that's a big no no, but why?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/Due_Attitude765
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3DAVbp5
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours