One of my (former) Iranian neighbors kids recently mowed my moms yard. I moved out two years ago so I saw this kid grow up. Their family unit is so much more wholesome then anyone’s on the block if I’m honest. My mom tried to pay him, at first $20, then $50 after he refused, telling him to just do it again next time he does it. “Get your brothers and sisters some treats, surprise your mom with something!” But he still was admitted on doing it for her.

They have a huge well maintained garden and they frequently give the neighbors corn and cucumbers and what not (really good crops too) so their mowing isn’t too bad.

My mom has a larger yard, and since this other kid went off to college she has no one for yard work with me out of state. She’s a single mom and works a lot so this is a blessing.

One thing that almost made her cry and really struck me was that he didn’t want money because he was raised by his parents and his religion just to do good things for others.

My mom wants (needs) to repay them someway somehow. She wants to know something they would appreciate. I know they would appreciate anything but she wants it to be significant for them.

My friends here just asked “what does any large family need?” And stuff related. She wants it to be something they would find significant if possible. Any recommendations are appreciated!!

I wish you all a loving, peaceful weekend.

submitted by /u/stoned_but_not_drunk
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3zxZAGI
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours