''Indeed, We offered the Trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared it; but man [undertook to] bear it. Indeed, he was unjust and ignorant.'' (Quran 33:77)

This verse is often used to answer the question: Why did God create us if He knew that some of us would go to hell. I have 2 questions concerning this verse:

My first question concerns the word ''man''. Some people claim that the word ''man'' refers to humanity, but I have seen in many tafsir that ''man'' refers to the Prophet Adam (3alayhi Salam). Did the prophet Adam choose in the name of humanity to pass the test of life, or did each of us choose to?

My second question concerns something I heard somewhere: I heard somewhere that, in the beginning, we were not human but souls and that when Allah presented the ''Trust'', the soul who accepted to pass the test became human. Is it true? Thank you for your answer.

submitted by /u/TheMbx
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3jmFpG1
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours