Hello! this is my first time posting, and i would like to ask the community a question. hopefully that's all right, and I'm in the right place.

First, some backstory. I have an older brother. We come from a pretty liberal Jewish family. Over a decade ago, he converted to Islam, a strict sect (i don't know the specifics exactly). He is a Sunni Muslim. My dad and I were very supportive (though we had to chastise him for his newfound homophobia-- I'm queer and my dad had always been very supportive of this as well. we knew that he didn't represent all Muslims in this; he was just being a jerk). my mom came around, my stepfather at the time, unfortunately a zionist, did not.

Anyway, years later he married a Muslim woman from Morocco, whose family was less strict than she. She is very much so.

fast forward to now. my father is no longer alive. my mom, my new stepfather, and i are all vaccinated against covid. my brother is a teacher, and at first just said that he is waiting to see the effects. then out of nowhere, he said he's never getting it, and refuses to tell us why. the only in law vaccinated is his father in law, who is in his 60s, and less strict, as I've mentioned.

I'm worried about him. i saw an article or two saying that some Muslims and some orthodox Jews do not want the vaccines. I'm wondering if anyone who comes from a strict background could enlighten me if this might be the reason he's not getting it, and why exactly that would be? i tried googling more and got nowhere. he's made it clear that he's unwilling to talk about it, so I'm not going to bring it up again, but i do want to understand, if there's a possibility it is related.

hopefully this is an ok thing to post here. i don't know any other Muslims that are as strict as him and his wife to ask.

submitted by /u/Tsojourner
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3rS7h7s
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours