Miraculous probability question

I was trying to wrap my head around something I came across. For some context, I used to be a very religious Muslim, and although it's possible I'm biased because of this or am fearful of hell, I believe I have good reason to think I can't explain this by random chance. I don't know if fear is the reason but I simply can't make sense of it.

Now, in Islam, you pray five times a day, and each time you face Mecca (in Saudia Arabia). Two positions within that prayer are known as the ruku and sujood (bowing down and prostration). Here is a picture of the two positions.

https://preview.redd.it/osyjt7k6j9f71.png?width=787&format=png&auto=webp&s=7b9b0d61b3c52e13654be8b8b54074a901855f2e

Now, there is a tree in Australia that exists that looks like a person bowing down (ruku):

https://preview.redd.it/o24cumh7j9f71.png?width=210&format=png&auto=webp&s=49110d1950996728c997dec99daee2d8a5c915cf

https://preview.redd.it/wb47r898j9f71.png?width=450&format=png&auto=webp&s=ed4bfded3fed528d491ca1a132e96b169f41dd2a

There is also a rock that looks like a person prostrating down on the ground (sujood)

https://preview.redd.it/hzd6mws9j9f71.png?width=600&format=png&auto=webp&s=fec8bd22a4db83ffe40b2ae6237fb7feb88de02f

Now, the shapes of these nature items aren't what bother me nor do they seem miraculous. I'm aware that with tons of trees and rocks, some are bound to form meaningful shapes. However, what I can't make sense of is that BOTH of these point towards Mecca which is the direction that, as mentioned before, Muslims pray to.

The tree is in Nowra, about 2 hours away from Sydney. Many muslims had visited the tree until it was cut down because many people left their belongings there and the landowner got angry. However, I have no reason to doubt the direction of it actually facing Mecca since that is what is claimed by tons of people who've visited it and more importantly, it would be trivial to prove otherwise if it didn't. Here is the one picture I do have with regards to the direction (note the line on the phone). The line is supposedly the QIbla (Qibla means direction towards Mecca).

https://preview.redd.it/p4fkguxaj9f71.png?width=600&format=png&auto=webp&s=d29f48f3d6a9a78d11474020453c2d24da57df04

As for the rock, the direction isn't even mentioned on Islamic miracle sites, whereas the direction of the tree is mentioned on the sites to bolster the miracle. Out of curiosity, I actually found the rock (it's called Arch Rock on the west coast of Oregon). I then, using satellite, found the direction of that rock. Before checking it, I was thinking "there's no way it points towards Mecca" and yet it does. I did this through Google's very own QIbla finder site (again, Qibla means direction to Mecca). Here is a picture of the rock along with the purple line identifying the direction to Mecca. I've provided a link to the site in case you're curious as well.

https://preview.redd.it/f6x5dmsbj9f71.png?width=452&format=png&auto=webp&s=ede7104ff076ac9fe70a87bac3fdd4dcba319236

https://qiblafinder.withgoogle.com/intl/en/desktop/finder

Now, I'll outline why exactly my mind is having trouble accepting this to be random chance.

1.) I can't seem to find any other rocks with the same or better shape that matches the praying position more closely. Neither can I of the tree. In fact, these are the two most popular, and in fact the only ones you'll find from a google search.

https://preview.redd.it/rvu8rcqcj9f71.png?width=800&format=png&auto=webp&s=b13d11a81ebae7d2f275eed7018a867702a18f83

If trees or rocks with better shapes matching the same praying shape existed, surely a Muslim would have noticed, which brings me to 2.)

2.) Why is it that the closest to Islamic prayer position formed rock and the only one at that and the closest to Islamic prayer position formed tree (and again the only one at that) ALSO happen to point towards Mecca if this was purely through random chance? Does this mean there's a supernatural explanation instead?

If this WAS random chance, I would have atleast expected rocks or even other nature items that look more closely to the islamic prayer shape but point in a much different direction than Mecca, and same for the tree, but these don't exist. If they did, surely one would have noticed them and posted about it similar to the two above mentioned artifacts. I only instead see one rock shape and one tree shape that most closely resemble a person in those respective praying shapes, and those are the SAME ones pointing towards Mecca. Keep in mind that the line is pointed specifically towards the Kaaba, which is a black box inside Mecca if you're familiar with it, so it's even more specific than just a city. This is a picture of the Kaaba:

https://preview.redd.it/yal6y4odj9f71.png?width=612&format=png&auto=webp&s=6a69c84d948bfda457d460d2b101ce98465c8e58

I was curious to see your thoughts on this.

submitted by /u/RaiseReasonable8949
[link] [comments]


from Islam https://ift.tt/3yjFuzk
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours