Like many young Muslims, there are things that I struggle with and need a person to talk to about said things. I recently signed up for therapy through a Muslim organization called the Khalil Center, and the thought crossed my mind that the reason I am seeking therapy is because of sins I’ve committed.

I specifically chose the Khalil Center as it was an Islamic organization that would help me by using the Quran, Hadith, and Sunna. The provider is also bound to HIPAA laws meaning they legally can’t tell anyone anything about what I say without consent. Is it permissible for me to reveal my sins, in shame, to this therapist as I am only doing so because I need assistance? Some of the things I’ve done will truly put me in a debilitating state of guilt and anxiety no matter how much I have repented, even sins I truly had only done once and never since still haunt me.

If it is not permissible, would anonymously speaking to a Sheikh so they never know who I am be permissible?

submitted by /u/BigBinjamin
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2UZSxaQ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours