I follow a popular Instagram page that many Muslims from the UK follow for its prayer quotes and positive news surrounding the British Muslim/Muslim community.
Just now I saw they had posted about the Taliban in Afghanistan and the awful things that are happening under their rule. 98% of comments were saying how much of a great thing this is , putting black flag emojis in the comments and saying that if you were a true Muslim you would be happy as well.
It’s just disturbed me and scared me so much. I’m so scared that there are people in the UK that feel they share values with a terrorist organisation and will proudly say it online. Especially as the thousands of Muslims under Taliban rule (past and present) report of how devastating it really was. I just had to unfollow the page.
I feel very passionate about being educated on Islam and fighting for prejudice against many Muslims in the UK but this has seriously terrified me. Is this the majority opinion?
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/3z4oqxi
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours