I read this article -

'Marriage without strings': Saudi confronts rise of 'misyar' - Times of India https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/middle-east/marriage-without-strings-saudi-confronts-rise-of-misyar/articleshow/84108673.cms

Some interesting tidbits;- "The practice, usually a temporary alliance in which the wife waives some conventional marriage rights such as cohabitation and financial support, has been legally permitted in the conservative Muslim kingdom for decades."

Reports in the Saudi press have spoken of growing concerns over the number of children fathered by Saudi males in their trips abroad, and abandoned for all practical purposes," he wrote. Some women are forced to pursue court cases against Saudi men refusing to accept children born into misyar relationships. "A woman contacted me and said: 'I am a misyar wife and my husband does not recognise my child'," the Riyadh cleric told AFP. "He says 'the child is not my problem'. I advised her to take him to court and fight for her rights."

I as a Muslim can't believe something like this is even allowed. Why has it been allowed in Saudi Arabia? How does Islam views it? Why is it not popular around the Muslim world?

submitted by /u/zafar_bull
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3hiZooc
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours