I’m a 20 year old girl and the thought of marriage used to scare me, but recently I found out it isn’t because of that but because of the expected motherhood. I love my nieces and nephews so much, yet I can’t see myself having a child of my own. I know this may seem selfish to some but I think it’s selfish to bring life onto this earth without me being 100% behind that decision and maybe not being able to give my child all his needs emotionally wise, just because it was expected of society and otherwise I’d be alone when I’m older (which isn’t enough of a reason to birth a baby). My mother for example is really pro pregnancy and uses the typical “I want to have grandchildren” agenda to change my mind but I think that that’s ironic coming from her. My mom suffered from depression etc so she was/is emotionally abusive and manipulative, even though with materialistic needs she was a textbook good mom. Her trauma has passed onto me, not sure from genetics or just because of her behavior towards me and my sister, and I really don’t want to pass that onto my children. Childless muslima’s most of the time are just infertile but I deliberately don’t want them even if I may be fertile. Is it haram to have a childless marriage?

submitted by /u/chcrryblcsscm
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3rNUPWn
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours