Hi everyone! I'm a non-Muslim who lives in Toronto, Canada. I was wondering if you could tell me about the different interpretations of alcohol. I completely understand some aspects -- like praying while having any alcohol in your system or being impaired is forbidden, and that for most Muslims, drinking zero alcohol is the best way to ensure prayers are always done 100% sober.

Some Muslims I know will eat food that has it as an ingredient that gets "cooked off" (like soy sauce or red wine), but one refuses to be cleaned with rubbing alcohol before bloodwork (they use Hydrogen peroxide instead). One will drink wine, but never enough to be intoxicated and never near prayer times. One of my best friends wears perfume that contains alcohol (her mom wears the same kind).

How are the wide interpretations of other forms of alcohol uses (like in perfume, skin cleansing, hand sanitizer etc.) derived? Is there a Hadith or specific passage in the Quran? Or is it more cultural? Is my friend who drinks alcohol doing something totally wrong? What about eating soy sauce (either cooked or as a dip for sushi)?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/popsicles_are_life
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/34ENOwz
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours