I am a mail carrier. One of the families I serve is a wonderful immigrant family who are fairly traditional. The adult women wear colorful robes and head coverings, the teen girl dresses in modest western clothing. I love them so much; they are literally the nicest people on my route. The mother told me today that her husband passed away from covid this weekend. I am devastated for them; I never saw him without a smile, and he was as kind and friendly as a person could be. What, if anything, is a proper expression of condolence? I am not a family friend, but I felt so inadequate just telling her through tears how very sad I am for the family. Is that enough? I want to respect their faith and traditions; it just seems so little to say how sad I am. Any guidance would be appreciated. This is an area where I want to be respectful.

submitted by /u/wddiver
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3thVQoP
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours