So in my younger school years I always fasted without difficulty. Approximately 5-6 years ago I had a bunch of health issues which made it hard for me to fast. The next year I fasted for a few days and ended up in hospital. My whole body was shaking and had to call ambulance etc. They never figured out what it is. They said maybe a panic attack? I don’t know. I felt gross. I felt like I was burning from the inside day I fasted. Etc at the hospital the doctor said I should never fast as it’s not safe. They said it probably mixed with some health issues?

Anyways past few years I didn’t fast. I honestly didn’t feel “safe to”. But I’ve really wanted to and today I decided to “just try”. I worked on my mindset and alhamdullah I was able to fast today!!!!! :)

Very proud of myself 🥳🥰

But now I have a problem....

So basically part of reason why last time I felt so gross Is when I fast I lose all appetite. I can’t eat a proper meal.

And I think that’s why I got sick. 1-2 days ok... but long term I’m malnourished.

For example. Today for iftar I had one small pita bread with cream cheese and cucumbers. A rice pudding. And a tiny bit of melon. (+ tea and three dates). And I was FULL. didn’t even have meat/ main course dinner. I’ve been waiting to get hungry but it’s 2 am and I’m SUPER FULL. DOnt think can even eat before fasting starts again.

For one or two days that’s ok ... but long term I think will be bad for me :( I’m scared to be in hospital again.

Going from my high calorie diet to eating basically just a small pita bread cheese sandwich a day is.... not good.

Is this normal? Everyone I know have big appetites at iftar. Is there a way to fix it? Or is it a sign my body can’t handle fasting??

submitted by /u/sprinkles111
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2QzfRKj
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours