Over the last 2-3 weeks, I have posted a few times on this subreddit asking about Islam and conversing with many men and women of the Islamic faith. I have been fascinated by Islam for a while and I was looking to convert at the time.

I don't mean this disrespectfully but I cannot find myself committing to Islam. There are a few things that I am having a hard time reconciling with. I don't wish to be a muslim just for the sake of it, and pick and choose the parts I like and dislike, and subsequently follow and not follow.

The main purpose of this post is to thank the community for being so helpful and for everyone to reach out to an absolute stranger. It's helped me understand Islam and Muslims a lot better, and even helped me understand how I was islamophobic in some regards and misinformed about certain beliefs and practices within the Islamic tradition.

You guys are absolutely incredible and I wish you all the best!

submitted by /u/Sharchomp
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/39BwQli
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours