Sorry to throw this at you during the holy month of Ramadan but the quicker I work on saving myself from hellfire the better.

As mentioned, I am from a Muslim family, but we are not practicing Muslims. The main culprit is my father, he never prays, never fasts, I don't think he finished the Qu'ran, etc. My mother, on the other hand, is to some extent a practicing Muslim. She prays the Jummah prayer, fasts, and occasionally reads the Qu'ran. Pretty sure she does not know the meaning though.

But when it comes to me, both of them do not want me to be a practicing Muslim. They are afraid that I will become too religious and lose the grip on this world. They have seen their cousin's children who ended up in Mosques 24/7. They have no education, no work, etc, etc. They don't say this directly but they are also afraid of extremism and they think too much of any religion can lead to that.

Since the pandemic hit, I have been pondering Islam seriously, I fell in love with the prophet, I finished the English version of the Qu'ran, I have been watching lectures on YouTube on various topics.

Now, I want to take it to the next level, learn Arabic, and complete the Qu'ran in Arabic while also understanding its meaning.

But my main problem is I still cannot pray or keep fast though I want to because my parents will not like it. They will think I am losing it. What do I do, How do I convince them?

TL;DR:
How do I, as someone from a non-practicing Muslim family, convince my parents to allow me to follow my religion!?

submitted by /u/Shot_Pin_9836
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3vn10RP
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours