I hope this post does not break any rules, which I did read before this.

What do Muslims think about Britain around the world? The media always portrays them as hating us but I know they only represent extreme views. I am always concerned that Muslims in Britain are not integrated properly into society and end up being segregated into their own areas of cities. Now by integration, I don't mean that they should become Christian or Atheist, because the vast majority of Brits would believe in the right to practice whatever beliefs people hold as long as they do not infringe the rights and self-determination of others. I mean that they will be scattered into society in general, that more people will see them in the country and know them, and become friends with them. Is it because they don't want to do this and would rather hold their own segregated communities?

I just think that if they were seen more and native Brits were friends with them, then people wouldn't hold prejudiced views about them and we can be a proud multicultural society together.

Just looking for some thoughts from Muslims on this. Maybe if there are any from the UK or living in the UK on this subreddit, we can have a discussion.

I am an Atheist, but have always had an interest in Islamic history and think the languages are incredible. I will be reading the Quran and have been learning about the history of Afghanistan too. I've never had a conversation with a Muslim before, and I am scared to talk to the women because it may be offensive when they are wearing their veils. It feels strange as a British person not to be able to speak to someone, but at the same time we are always concerned with causing offence so maybe I overthink it.

Thanks for reading!

submitted by /u/smurfing265
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3sCgKiQ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours