I moved out at 21. I'm turning 23 this year.

I know I'm an independent young woman and i have a choice to do what i want with myself, but i lived in fear of my family finding out i removed my hijab.

Now recently i have started to abandon my hijab completely. It feels so wrong, but liberating. But it feels wrong to wear it when i did not feel like it.

I'm afraid to remove it because i might miss it. It's a part of my identity for more than 20 years. I will get some weird stares if i were to wear it again.

Second, it scares me that someone from my family might find out.

Third, I'm becoming something i didn't want. I'm afraid of being further away from god. I hardly pray anymore, but my hijab is the only thing that makes me feel like a muslim.

submitted by /u/girl_uncovered
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3pNrzwy
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours