I aspire to live a pretty fit lifestyle alongside being a Muslim. I'm a 21 y/o, 65kg, 5ft 7 inches.

According to science, modern BMI calculations and other sophisticated calculations, I should be consuming 2700 calories a day to gain muscle. I calculated that I'm only having 1400-1500 calories/day and working out as well. Bro if I have like that many calories, I'd be bloated.

Plus, science also says that I need to sleep at least 8 hours a day to maximize life quality and longevity. However, growing up, I've learnt that we shouldn't sleep so much, and the Prophet PBUH used to sleep just after Isha and wake up for Tahajjud etc. There was no specific duration for which he'd sleep, although (what I know from my limited knowledge).

It's overwhelming for me ever since I learnt I'm eating too fewer calories; every time I eat, I keep telling myself, omg, eat more, or you'll lose muscle etc. However, that 1400 calories I'm eating is clean food, and my body feels okay with that, just that I'm losing some weight, which makes me a bit sceptical.

Do you think I should stop focusing sm on what science says? Because right now, it's giving me a lot of anxiety whenever I eat as much as I eat and sleep 6-7 hours. When I do that, whatever sciency information is in my mind is triggered, and I get very axnous.

This hadith of the Prophet PBUH I'm referring to:

Miqdam ibn Ma’d reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace, and blessings be upon him, said, “The son of Adam cannot fill a vessel worse than his stomach, as it is enough for him to take a few bites to straighten his back. If he cannot do it, then he may fill it with a third of his food, a third of his drink, and a third of his breath.

Source: Sunan al-Tirmidhī 2380

submitted by /u/danbrown1233
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3qUiMKz
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours