Hi all! Please feel free to delete if not appropriate for the sub.

Tonight I was called to the death of a Muslim man who was expected to pass away soon but not so quickly. Many of his family were there and around him. I was very much taken back and unsure of how to interact respectfully with them and where my place was and how I could be of the most use and comfort. I’m not the most familiar with the Muslim faith/religion and am even less with tradition in their death. If it makes a difference I am a paramedic in Canada.

My questions are, how should we as Paramedics respond to such a call, and how can we support the family?What practices are common and how can we ensure we are not seen offensive or inappropriate? What are the do’s and do not’s in treating Muslim patients?

Thank you in advance and I’m looking forward to learning how to better myself in these kind of calls!

submitted by /u/rertbetnolds
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/35IAtUW
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours