Recently I have been watching as some of my father’s oldest friends have passed away due to Covid.. often because someone near them did something silly in regards to not distancing or taking necessary precautions.
My family is deeply religious.. and I do not disagree that nothing can happen without Allah’s will... but may I say - it is incredibly painful when others, though well-meaning, say to a grieving person “well this is how Allah willed it” or “this is what Allah wanted.” It can be a true statement yet be the worst thing possible to say to someone grieving. It does not make their heart hurt less, nor is it being a good listener or an empathetic person.
Should a Muslim not be empathetic? Just some venting and thoughts on how we sometimes deal with the pain of others in this inappropriate fashion
[link] [comments]
from Islam https://ift.tt/2LFvFIx
Post A Comment:
0 comments so far,add yours