To what extent are mentally ill people responsible for their actions in Islam? The Hadith I’ve read seems to talk about someone who has an intellectual disability but I’m talking about people with a mental illness. For example bipolar disorder or narcissistic personality disorder etc.? For example people with narcissistic personality disorder might be hurtful to others. Are they responsible for that and if so to what extent?

My second question is with regards to something specific. Some people with mental illness suffer from magical thinking. They can be general superstitions like having a lucky number. However sometimes people can see connections between different events and think x,y,z might means something. In Islam there’s no such thing as coincidences or chance as Allah wills everything. Does that mean the second form of magical thinking not exist in Islam?

I‘m also wonder if there’s a muslim who’s a psychiatrist/psychologist here because I’m really interested in hearing your perspective on this.

submitted by /u/Brainfog45
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/37ldvUS
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours