I'm curious as to religious and scholarly opinions on seeking out minority (but probably not extreme minority) scholarly opinions within one's same madhab. I know it may seem like 'fatwa shopping', but if one was dissatisfied with a majority opinion (for whatever, even perhaps personal reasons) and finds a valid/accepted minority opinion (maybe even not minority, but 50-50 or 30-40-30) that is different, what are the opinions on that?

As a purely hypothetical example (I'm not sure there's a minority opinion that follows what I say), say I lived in a heavily hanafi coastal town, and it turned out I was a very good crabber, or knew of a secret spot with great crabs, that could provide for me and my family for years.

The established hanafi opinion would be to not go crabbing and seek some other work, but is there a scholarly precedent in seeking other hanafi opinions (or perhaps even opinions of other madhabs) and acting on those for my own benefit and family's benefit?

submitted by /u/OptimalPackage
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3g1oQfH
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours