Greetings Muslim brothers and sisters I would like to provide you all with a short story relating to my journey of learning about Islam. I grew up in a Caribbean American family with strong Christian roots and all my life I attended Christian church. I never knew much about Islam growing up because no one I knew in my community nor family was Muslim. This changed in the high school when I had met a few Muslims in my school and did more research on the religion. When I was 15 I began to read the Quran online and considered myself a Muslim for a short period of time. The problem was I never had anybody I could ask questions about the faith and also I could not visit any mosques because I did not have any transportation plus telling my family I was interested in Islam would cause problems so my journey into Islam fell short and I dismissed it because I felt the Muslims I knew in school did not live up to their faith. Recently one of my closest friends had converted to Islam and it re-sparked my interest in the religion I have been reading the Quran and I have tried to visit a mosque but their are no real mosques in my area just one Islamic community center in which I do not understand what times they operate.

My point of this post is I want to Kindly ask one of you on this subreddit to be somewhat of a guide to me with questions about Islam it would truly be an honor to be under your tutelage in learning about this religion and way of life.

submitted by /u/Kasperarmani
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/2JvDShF
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours