Hello, I am a Catholic but I wanted to ask Muslims a few questions. Please do not consider this an attack on Islam because it is not an attack, it is just me asking few questions. I wanted to see how Muslims justify these beliefs. Everything I know about Islam comes from Muslim sources, none of my knowledge is based from Islamophobes.

Crucifixion of Jesus is considered a historical event and not only Christians accept this fact but all historians, even the atheist historians will say that Crucifixion of Jesus is a fact and a historical event. Not only did Christians wrote about Crucifixion but also Romans and Jews who hated Christians and persecuted them, so they were the enemies of Christians but still they wrote that Crucifixion happened. Even if we were to have only Christian sources on this topic still we cannot refuse this fact. Not only do we have New Testament but also we have testimony of the Early Church Fathers who some of them were present when Crucifixion happened and the rest were the disciples of the apostles and passed the tradition orally.

According to Islam as far as I know and as far as I've seen in the Quran 4:157-158, you Muslims believe that it was not Jesus that was Crucified but someone else doesn't really matter who but it was not Jesus. And it appeared to them as if it was Jesus, but Allah raised Him up to Himself so it was not Jesus.

With all the respect from a logical standpoint I cannot agree that this is logical. First of all the Apostles and Disciples of Jesus knew very good how Jesus looked like because they spent good amount of time with Him and also other people knew Jesus because it was let's say "popular" so they knew how He looks like. Crucifixion lasted for hours, how was it possible that to every individual it appeared as someone else instead of Jesus? It does look logic to me and than you can argue that Allah raised Jesus so it could not be Him but the timing is not well put because we raise suspicion based on this because it happened simultaneously and if it is not simultaneously than where was Jesus when Crucifixion happened?

We know that Crucifixion of Jesus happened because Jesus was also buried in a tomb and after 3 days Jesus Resurrected. If Jesus did not Resurrect than someone would have been in the tomb but we know that tomb was empty. This is a fact that cannot be denied because if all of this is a lie than Christianity would not exist because everyone could have gone to the tomb and they could see that someone is in the tomb but when they went it was empty. Also it was impossible to steal the body because it was heavily guarder and the rock was so heavy and it took many people to place it so the theory that someone was stealing the body or that Jesus did not die but somehow managed to escape, doesn't hold any water.

After Resurrection Jesus appeared to many people and He appeared to Apostles and spoke with them for a period of 40 days. I am not going into details about the miracles that they performed and how people were killed because they didn't want to deny Jesus but that is another good point. People knew what they saw and they believed in Jesus and Romans wanted to kill them because of that and they gave them options to deny Jesus and they would be spared but no one denied Jesus. What was the point if everything was a lie? Many people died men, women and children and it doesn't make sense if everything was lie. Who would have give his life for a lie and what is the point of that?

And the second questions is about preservation of the Bible because as far as I have seen in the Quran Bible is mentioned. Tawrah, Zabur and Injil is mentioned and from what I have seen the Quran talks positively about those books and it calls us Christians "the people of the book". So what is to understand from that is that "the book" was given to us by Allah.

But today Muslims say that the Bible was corrupted but it was originally given to us by Allah. When I asked where does Quran say that they came with 2:79 So woe to those who distort the Scripture with their own hands then say, “This is from Allah”—seeking a fleeting gain! So woe to them for what their hands have written, and woe to them for what they have earned.

But where is Bible mentioned in this verse or where is it mentioned that Christians and Jews did these things? I couldn't see that I can only see from this verse that it is said woe to those who these things but it doesn't say who did those things to what scripture.

My question is when did corruption happened? If it was before Muhammad (PBUH) than why does Quran say that we are the people of the book if we corrupted the book? Why didn't Quran mentioned that we corrupted the book and we no longer have the original book? Did we corrupt the Bible after the Muhammad (PBUH)? Either way it is not true because we have the same Bible as we have from the first centuries.

And what you need to understand is the in Catholicism which is the original Christianity we do not believe in Bible alone, we also believe in the Holy Tradition which was passed from Apostles and Jesus to us, both oral and written. So what I wanted to say is that Bible was not corrupted because we have many ancient documents that prove that. Every historian agrees even the atheist historians agree that Bible is the most preserved ancient document that we have. There are thousand of manuscripts way before Muhammad (PBUH) came and also we have quotations of the Church Fathers and by those quotations alone we can form an entire Bible. We literally have manuscripts from like 300s like Codex Vaticanus, Codex Sinaiticus, Codex Alexandrinus, Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus and many other manuscripts as well. Not to even mention the Old Testament because we have discovered Dead Sea scrolls in 1947 and it proved that Old Testament was also preserved.

So if I follow the evidence and logic I cannot agree that Bible was corrupted. And please don't come with allegedly contradictions in the Bible to prove me that it was corrupted because none of that is contradiction, it's just like I would take Quran and read it randomly and point to you "contradictions". I have seen the "contradictions" and "inconsistency" pointed out by Muslim scholars but simply they are wrong so don't bring that again give me something else.

Also what was the true religion before Islam? From Jesus to Muhammad (PBUH) we have a gap for 600 years, what was the true religion there? Don't say Islam because history doesn't agree with that.

Sorry for the long post I hope that I get some answers to all of these. Thank you.

submitted by /u/Large_Tradition5942
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3mw7GZi
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours