As-salamu alaykum.

This is just a brief note I wanted to share with you all.

I was homeless for the better part of a year and a half, before I finally found a place that accepted my application for housing in this past August. Unfortunately it quickly turned into a hostile/unsanitary environment and my new home was infested with pests, mould, and violence in the entire building. Shortly after this my health had become worse, I could not live in this environment and began staying with a friend when I could. That friend allowed me to stay for a time, but recently they informed me it could go on no longer. Throughout all of this time, I have also been grappling with my faith as a revert to Islam. I have struggled. I do not have much of a family and at the same time they have not been aware of my hardships. This was not the first time I have experienced homelessness, but this time felt much worse due to the pandemic alongside a devastating homelessness epidemic in my region. During the entirety of this I have been fortunate enough to hold down my job, though with little to go "home" to.

Today, alhamdulillah, while praying Dhuhr, my email went off and I have been accepted into a brand new building, close to my workplace with all the amenities. I'm not sure why I felt compelled to share this with you all as I just found this news out minutes ago, but today I certainly felt the value of my prayers and I know that Allah (swt) hears me. Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Al-Andalus_Society
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3ohmNqz
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours