I'm writing a short action story, and I'm writing the hero to be a Muslim. Don't worry, I'm not asking for advice on how to write a Muslim (his faith isn't a major part of his character, he just is Muslim). There are a couple of moments where I would like show his heritage, but I don't know how I would do it, so I thought I would ask here.

1) What is the Muslim equivalent to the phrases "Oh my God" or "Jesus Christ." For context, he is using it in frustration, like "Oh my god I have to put up with this." I did some Googling, and saw people suggest "Allahu Akbar," I feel like that's not an accurate translation for this context. I don't speak Arabic so maybe it is, but I might as well ask.

2) By the end of the story, the hero is going to fight the big antagonist, and I want to have him say a brief prayer of protection from physical harm. Almost like a "God protect me from harm" sort of thing. It doesn't have to be super complicated or long, ideally just a short prayer before he goes off and saves the day.

Sorry for bugging you with these shallow questions. I'm writing a character that is a part of a culture I am not super familiar with, and I would like to get the references correct. Thank you.

submitted by /u/CaptinHavoc
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/34LDRhx
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours