I’ve given to these organised charities before you know the kind always collecting for something, sponsoring orphans, emergency appeals and all that sort.

Today I got a call from one of these charities telling me about an orphan named Ibrahim in Palestine that needs helps and for such and such monies he would get so much help.... well tbh I always had my scepticism of these charities, but I’m the guy in the family which argues with others about it’s our niyat that counts which it does and that our money will be used to help people which I’m sure it mostly does somehow and blah blah blah...

Today I asked the brother on the other end about where the money goes and how it’s used and tbh he didn’t sound very convincing, full disclosure he was unsure and wanted to get someone more knowledgeable to talk to me but they had gone home and he couldn’t really answer my questions, he did try his best to reassure me and tell me that my money would indeed be used to help Ibrahim... well I wanted to know was it in-fact going to help Ibrahim or was it just going to sit in a pot of money and then put in an investment account of some kind, was there infact an Ibrahim in Palestine that needed my help, basically were these just marketing ploys used to generate income...

Honestly he wanted to reassure me that my money was to be used for Ibrahim by his guardian which apparently could be his mother or some other person if both his parents had passed away... this is the thing I do want to fulfill the sunnah and help orphans but I just want to know if my money is being used for this purpose... he said I would get these orphan packs and so forth, but that doesn’t prove anything, I won’t be able to make contact with this child, how do I even know the picture you send me is Ibrahim?

He told me that they have social support workers on the ground to help these people and ensure our money is being used appropriately, but then he couldn’t tell me how many of these workers they had in Palestine. He couldn’t tell me for sure how many orphans they had that needed help... he did eventually tell me that they had 12000 orphans world wide they were helping.

Anyway the point of this long post is that I’m still unconvinced that my money indeed goes to help orphans or at least to the orphan they have told me about, anyone got any experience in this field that can shed some light on the matter?

submitted by /u/Mega_whale
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/34RxUQj
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours