Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I’ll be eating with my family. Before eating someone prays over the food and ends with “in Jesus’ name we pray”. I haven’t told anyone in my family I’m Muslim and I’m not ready to do it yet. I don’t want to commit shirk but the family won’t say the prayer until everyone is sitting at the table. So if I try to use the restroom until they’re done praying, they’ll just wait for me. If I pray from the heart and make my own prayer silently that doesn’t end in Jesus’ name, do I still commit shirk? I was thinking maybe I’ll say the prayer so I will only thank God for the food, family, etc and not end the prayer in Jesus’ name

submitted by /u/Uroboros1
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/364zoXQ
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours