Salam,

I'm of a muslim household though unfortunately up until now I have practiced little to nothing. I can read quran just about clearly but once I reached my teens, I've dropped nearly all practice. I find myself seething after looking at other subs, comment sections and seeing the sheer amount of hatred for this religion. My grades have dropped hugely, I look malnourished according to my mother, all in all I just feel sick both in mind and physically. This year's been very tough and I don't think I've faced hardship like this ever before. I'm in my final year before uni and found myself thinking more of my spirituality. I'm going to take the little steps and try my best to get back to praying 5x a day, although it is quite overwhelming (grades and desi parents).

One thing, I do find time for however, are audiobooks or hadiths. I can listen to these while studying, working out, breakfast whenever really and from my observation of someone I truly admire I can see the huge impact it can have. I'd really like to reconnect and would love to hear about y'alls recommendations. I'm currently listening to 'The Alchemy of Happiness' by Al Ghazzali.

EDIT: Any other advice in relation to getting back on track would be hugely appreciated also (:

submitted by /u/AtlantisHills
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/3o3U74t
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours