I am a Turkish muslim and therefore I am secular and a Kemalist. I am also gay. I know me having sex is a sin but nobody is perfect.

I see many muslims on reddit insulting Ataturk and Turkish secular values.

I am sick and tired of such muslims. As a Muslim, I know that they don’t represent all muslims but I’m sick of backwards muslims telling me that I’m a lost cause and I’ll go to hell.

I can’t stand Pakistani muslims for example, drooling over Abdulhamit, who is the most bigoted sultan of Ottoman history who was a selfish prick, caused the downfall of the Empire and more akin to a ISIS leader than anything else.

I wanna cancel my internet subscription when i see people from former British or French colonies, whose countries were exploited by the west to such an extent they couldn’t get it afloat ceuntries later insulting Ataturk, the leader who rejected imperialistic greed of the Western Europe, and inspired so many leaders of oppressed nations.

(I have no ill will against Pakistani people, I just observed some of them to be very anti-Ataturk.)

I am tired of backwardness in the Islamic comunity. I am tired of muslims from third world countries promoting their backwards culture as Islam, and calling it infidelity of the Quran when someone dares to disagree with them (on cultural affairs)

I am a muslim, and thus I identify with my religion, of course. But I just want to talk to progressive, sane, educated, tolerant muslims that know better. I want to discuss Islamic matters with secular Muslims.

I don’t want to talk to muslims that think their tradition of oppressing women is Islam. I want to talk to muslims who knows of the true essence of islam, which is peace, tolerance and fairness.

Is there such subreddit where those ppl are the majority?

Thanks...

submitted by /u/crownofdustandgold
[link] [comments]

from Islam https://ift.tt/37G3wu4
Share To:

Unknown

Post A Comment:

0 comments so far,add yours